- I had never had an experience on set like this with professional equipment which was exciting.
- It was nice to work with professionals.
- It was a lot of fun for us, pretending to be rock stars!
- We got to have a fun day working with friends and others we had got to know better.
- Trying out new things such as cable bashing was good to experience.
Here is a time-lapse which our cameraman Jack created for us, of the shoot day:
What roles did I take on?On the day I tried to help out as much as possible and get involved with the professionals to get a true view into what life is like working on a film set. Some of the things I did are shown below:
You can see an example of my role as the bass guitarist in my band's music video:
Thakshana and Angela - Misery Business SD from Latymermedia on Vimeo.
What else did I learn?
While I tried to get involved as much as possible, I did miss out on some opportunities like using the dolly, however I still managed to learn a lot about it.
One of the things I enjoyed most about the workshop day was getting into character and having fun shooting different takes with the rest of the band and with all my friends. It also enabled me to develop my skills working on set and working with professionals and also helped me to get to know people better.
I really enjoyed the workshop day and thought it was a very fun experience. Here is our behind the scenes video, showing how much fun we had!